Sunday, January 17, 2016

Get that sexy body doing this!

   

Want to be Tone? Want to be Lean? Check this out!

How many times have you been scared to go into the gym and just push weight? I mean really push as hard as you could? Well many people really can’t remember either, and why is this? There is an invisible floating bubble around every buff bodybuilders head that probably tells people, especially woman, if they lift heavy then they will become unattractive and too bulky. I will let you in on a little secret, THIS IS NOT TRUE! Check out these photos below……These are me (currently going blonde). I lift heavy........






















The video you watched above is one of my favorite compound lifts, the barbell row! This is a great way to tone your upper body (shoulders, back, abs ect). If you are focused on losing weight you will want to do 3-4 sets of 15 using lighter weight and short rest periods. It may even benefit you to add some jump rope or step ups immediately following each set of rows. Now for those who are looking to put on size I would recommend 4 sets of 8 or 5 sets of 6 both with 2-3 minutes’ rest in between. Remember if your rest seems to long then you are not pushing yourself at a hard enough intensity. Now some guidelines for how to perform this lift……..
  1. Always keep shoulder blades squeezed as if your
    holding a pencil between them
  2. Keep your head in line with you spine, if your
    bent over you will look at an angle
  3. I always do underhand grip
  4. The most IMPORTANT part is keeping your back straight. Go press yourself against a wall if you do know what that feels like. This is essential to prevent injury. Or you can always ask a trainer. 
  5. Watch your rest time, it goes by faster or longer than you think.
Last but not least, pushing yourself helps you realize what you are capable of. Go in there trying to accomplish something bigger than just the sheet of paper in your hand or repeating a monotonous exercise routine for days on end. If it feels uncomfortable, you are changing. And yes I know what
that feels like. Check out my announcement below for something surprising!

ANNOUNCEMENT: I am planning on competing at the NPC Figure show on June 4th, in Boise! I am doing this because I am scared. I am nervous I might not look good enough, or what if I eat a brownie during prep or fall in my heels? Time to go outside of my comfort zone. Needless to say, many of you are inspired by these competitions, and I am going to give you a week by week update on what its really like starting February 1st, 2016! Subscribe to my YouTube as I will have live footage of meal prep, workouts, and emotional battles!! Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment