Monday, February 29, 2016

How to Eat for Fat Loss!

The newest trend out right now "if it fits your macros" is taking the world by storm, and while I understand their mentality I also find it quite absurd. So let me grace you with my rant about quality verse quantity. Say you were obese and someone told you you could only eat 1300 calories per day. It didn't matter what type of food you ate as long as you didn't go over your calories. Well of course you would lose weight especially if you were consuming 2300 calories or more on a daily basis and then start eating half of that. What I want you to understand is many people can lose weight, but many people do not know how to do it in a healthy way. On the same token, if a person has macro goals (protein, carbohydrates, and fats) and eats whatever they want, is this healthy? I can reach my carbohydrate goal by eating 2 snickers and probably lose weight, but how will this work in the long run? It wont.

To all of those people slamming fads down your throat and trying to get you to believe instant fat loss in 24 hours is possible by eating whatever, they are right. Instant water loss is definitely possible. All that crap food is ok in small amounts right? Did we not forget the health aspect of it all? Lets cut the BS and be real about what it takes to look good. I am not going to tell what you want to hear or invent a new diet which fits around your need for tootsie rolls, but I will tell you the truth.

YOU CAN NOT EAT CRAPPY FOOD AND MAINTAIN A HEALTHY, LEAN AND FIT LIFESTYLE!
P.S. If your taking a steroid or other enhancement drug, then you have a leg up and eating Twinkies probably wont kill you. No judgement here, just do not try to preach you only do it through clean eating :)

Am I open to your arguments, yes? Is it better to put an obese person on a whatever you want calories restricted diet so they lose weight? Well yes in the short term that is great. People underestimate how difficult it is to learn to eat healthy. How difficult it is to go from shopping in the middle of the grocery store to only the perimeter. Sounds easy, but honestly I have seen a lot of people fail. In my 7 years of personal training, college, and life, the people who succeeded the most were those who followed my simple steps below.......

Steps to Lean: 

  1. Shop on the perimeter of the grocery store (meats, veggies, eggs, iced tea ect) 
  2. Only drink water, but save one day to have a glass or two of wine.
  3. Eat healthy 85% of the time and treat yourself 15% of the time.
  4. Do not workout less than 4 days a week 
  5. Stay away from fast food (seriously, that isn't even real food!)
  6. Listen to your body. If you eat a food and you get gas, bloating, heartburn and some other ailment then you probably shouldn't eat that. 
  7. If your sick or overly tired, then rest. 

On an end note remember fruits are sugar too, vegetables are an amazing way to stay full, and protein is a huge factor in muscle growth and transformation. Instead of fooling yourself into thinking you can get by with just counting calories, try it by eating clean and going to the gym. Remember its a lot easier to maintain a healthy weight than to get there. Also, being the sugar fanatic I am, I have tried every which way to be able to keep eating cookies, doughnuts, and cake. In the long run I just became more frustrated and set myself back when I could have been moving forward.


EAT CLEAN AND BECOME A LEAN MACHINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment