Wednesday, May 4, 2016

So you want to be fit?

SO YOU WANT TO BE FIT? YOU WANT THAT SIX PACK? LET ME HAVE A COME TO JESUS MOMENT WITH ALL OF YOU.............

Lately I have been able to observe the many people preparing for a competition, realizing its summer and rushing to the gym, or those jumping on the next fad diet band wagon. Have you ever realized how most people reach for the extreme when starting any new fitness goal. They immediately want to lose 50 pounds or join the next spartan race. Is this a bad thing? No, but it could be setting yourself up for failure as well. Let me explain why.......

I have been in the industry for about seven years and the work and commitment it takes to achieve any one of the goals listed above is a lot larger than you think. You can not obtain any goal doing it half ass. You can not expect to master something if you never practice. You can not expect to get a big paycheck if you do not show up for work. Same thing with fitness, if you do not workout and follow the plan you can not see results. As for the excuses people give, lets name a few:

  1. I don't have time
  2. I have 2-5 kids I have to take care of 
  3. I cant afford a gym membership
  4. It hurts when i workout
  5. I don't know what to do
  6. I am too tired

ALL OF THESE ARE A BUNCH OF CRAP! Now don't go getting all upset and clicking out of this blog like I don't understand the hardships of life. I may not have kids, but I was able to stay healthy and fit while also maintaining a 4.0 GPA and three jobs. The fact is you will ALWAYS have priorities. Your kids are never going to go away, your job will always be there, you will always feel tired at some point. So stop searching for the easy way out. The pill to get you skinny, the boxed up dinners, or the 2 minute workout guaranteed to make you lose 20 pounds in a month. Find an aspect of fitness that works for you and fit it into your life. It does not have to be the same as everyone else, but it does have to be something that pushes you to change! below I will list my opinion towards the excuses listed above: 
  1. No time? Make time. You make time for everything else in your life. If your job needed you to stay for 30 more minutes I bet you would find the time to do so. Same with exercise. Your body needs you.
  2. Kids? Thank God there is a kids club at most gyms and if there isn't then do work at home. Move that sofa over and get er done!
  3. Low on money? Thank you YouTube! Search the millions of workouts to help you achieve your goal. You can even try mine out www.youtube.com/c/thefitnezamazon1
  4. Pain? You need to figure that out don't you think? Most gyms offer a free consultation and if the pain is that bad you should have been to the doctors yesterday.
  5. No idea where to start? Do some research. Ask people, for crying out loud I tell people to leave comments all the time but they don't. Be proactive!
  6. Too tired? Welcome to today's society of overworked, underpaid, and overweight. You are the only one who can change your fate. I am always tired, but I am also always happy. Balance is everything!

If you want results then put in the work to achieve them. Drop the cookie cutter routines and wannabe trainers who "think" they know what you need to succeed. Talk to a certified professional, someone who actually took the time to learn how to manipulate the body. Someone who has an education and not just a trophy. Someone who is invested in you and not just your wallet. 

FINAL THOUGHT: How far have your excuses gotten you? Do you have that toned body yet? Did they help you shed 30 pounds? I didn't think so. Lets change it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment